MOre than spots
What makes cheetahs SO special?
Cheetahs make sounds &
have a lot to say.
- Chirping sounds like bird chirps & this helps find each other, especially young cubs find mom.
- Stuttering is used when meeting & greeting other cheetahs.
- Growling also includes spitting and hissing. This is used when in danger or threatened.
- Yowling is a more intense form of growling & is used as danger increases.
- Purring is a wonderful vibration sound that expresses contentment (happiness) especially between mom & cubs.