Litter Size: 3 to 5 Cubs
Birth Weight: About 7 lbs. (.3 kg)
* The Cheetah is the fastest land animal on Earth.
* Cheetahs can reach up to speeds of 65 MPH.
* Cheetahs can reach up to 45 MPH in just two seconds.
* Cheetahs have non-retractable claws that give them a strong grip on the ground to help them turn when they are running fast. (See photo below.)
* Cheetahs live on savannas and grasslands of southern and eastern Africa.
* Cheetahs weigh 100 to 130 Lbs.
* The Cheetahs black spots help them blend into the savannas.
* Cheetahs have 2000 to 3000 spots. (See photos below.)
* Cheetahs have black lines known as "Tears" near their eyes that run down the side of their nose that help to block the sun's glare. They are also believed to enhance the snarl when defending their territory. (See photo below.)
* Cheetahs make a chirping sound to communicate with each other. (see video below)
* With a Cheetahs powerful legs they can cover up to 20 feet in just one stride.
* The Cheetahs long tails helps it to keep its balance as it runs.
* Cheetahs can see up to three miles away.
* Cheetahs can live seven to ten years in the wild and up to 16 years in captivity.